How to Dampen That UrgeThere are seven major coping skills to help you fight that urge to smoke. These tips are designed for you, the new nonsmoker, to help you nurture the nonsmoking habit.
1. Think about why you quitGo back to your list of reasons for quitting. Look at this list several times a dayespecially when you are hit with the urge to smoke. The best reasons you could have for quitting are very personally yours, and these are also the best reasons to stay a nonsmoker.
2. Know when you are rationalizingIt is easy to rationalize yourself back into smoking (see Common Rationalizations). Don't talk yourself into smoking again. A new nonsmoker in a tense situation may think, "I'll just have one cigarette to calm myself down." If thoughts like this pop into your head, stop and think again! You know better ways to relax nonsmokers ways, such as taking a walk or doing breathing exercises.
Concern about gaining weight may also lead to rationalizations. Learn to counter thoughts such as, "I'd rather be thin, even if it means smoking." Remember that a slight weight gain is not likely to endanger your health as much as smoking would. (Cigarette smokers have about a 70-percent higher rate of premature death than nonsmokers.) And review the list of healthy, low-calorie snacks that you used when quitting.
3. Anticipate Triggers and Prepare to Avoid ThemBy now you know which situations, people, and feelings are likely to tempt you to smoke. Be prepared to meet these triggers head on and counteract them. Keep using the skills that helped you cope in cutting down and quitting:
4. Reward yourself for not smokingCongratulations are in order each time you get through a day without smoking. After a week, give yourself a pat on the back and a reward of some kind. Buy a new record or treat yourself to a movie or concert. No matter how you do it, make sure you reward yourself in some way. It helps to remind yourself that what you are doing is important.
5. Use positive thoughtsIf self-defeating thoughts start to creep in, remind yourself again that you are a nonsmoker, that you do not want to smoke, and that you have good reasons for it. Putting yourself down and trying to hold out using willpower alone are not effective coping techniques. Mobilize the power of positive thinking!
6. Use relaxation techniquesBreathing exercises help to reduce tension. Instead of having a cigarette, take a long deep breath, count to 10, and release it. Repeat this 5 times. See how much more relaxed you feel?
7. Get social supportThe commitment to remain a nonsmoker can be made easier by talking about it with friends and relatives. They can congratulate you as you check off another day, week, and month as a nonsmoker. Tell the people close to you that you might be tense for a while, so they know what to expect. They'll be sympathetic when you have an urge to smoke and can be counted on to help you resist it. Remember to call on your friends when you are lonely or you feel an urge to smoke. A buddy system is a great technique.
Table of Contents: |
|[Quit Smoking Start Page] [Previous] [Next]|
IF you are half as bright as you think you are, learn about QRA.
QRA ( Quantum Reflex Analysis) is among the best few things of all time.
The Longevity Zen of Health promises that QRA will astound and impress you.
Nothing you have seen or learned in life is even remotely like BDORT and Q.R.A.
No medical protocol that YOU have encountered is even close to BDORT and Q.R.A.
If you love yourself as the Longevity Zen of Health loves you, learn BDORT and Q.R.A.
BDORT only takes a matter of seconds to learn, Q.R.A. takes a bit of professional training.
These are portable bidigital tools that you get to carry and use for the rest of your life.
Quantum Reflex Analysis is proving to be the game-changer in 21st century health.
Living the Longevity Zen of Health means making use of what proves best to work best, most.
In every walk of life, we have leaders, the masters and champions who are the most worth imitating.
The Longevity Zen of Health promises you that learning Quantum Reflex Analysis for yourself is very wise.
Easy enough for children to learn, and to use, before allowing things to come in or near your body and mind.
BDORT is a one-second test that allows you to test every food, drink, and more, before putting it in or near you.
Quantum Reflex Analysis is the simple identification of what nutrition an organ or gland is most deficient in.
The Longevity Zen of Health scours the world for the best of the best. Quantum Reflex Analysis is just that.
Please stop forming opinions on what you know so little of. Those opinions steal from your own Longevity.
First, study your masters and champions, those doing it best. Repeat their efforts to repeat their results.
Hotlinks For Longevity Zen of Health Quantum Reflex Analysis Websites - helping you help yourself
QCI.me QRA.Me QRA.name Q-R-A.US Q-R-A.info
www-Shortcuts.com Healthiest.ws Bidigitally.info S.hortcuts.com
Quantum-Reflex-Analysis.info QuantumReflexAnalysis.info Quantum-Reflex.info QuantumReflex.info
Don't be bashful ! Share the Shortcuts Way For Life and Longevity Zen of Health
Sharing the Shortcuts Way For Life and Longevity Zen of Health with those you love? A multi-billion-dollar gift!
Never and nowhere else in history, or in literature, have so many hyper-potent shortcuts been so freely delineated.
The shortcuts - PowerGems of wealth - that are planted all through the Shortcuts Way For Life work most every time.
The HealthGems that comprise the Longevity Zen of Health continue to prove to be our healthiest Longevity extenders.
The Longevity Zen of Health , helping you to help yourself. Learning more is a function of living more.
It is less important to stretch out the quantity of your years as it is the quality of your every day.
Look how many make it to their 70's and 80's... and feel so sick they wish they HADN'T made it.
Water, unheated oil, air-dried sea salt, fiber, and friendly bacteria, such as found in kefir.
Keep It Short & Sweet - The K.I.S.S. of success for extending Longevity in happier ways.
Live your Longevity Zen of Health see how the Longevity Zen of Health treats you.
Do not eat the foods that were prepared by humans who do not care about your health.
3,000,000 "food poisoning" trips to hospitals annually, almost all from human fecal bacteria.
Good food comes with the enzymes you need to digest it... until it is heated above 108 degrees.
Eating cooked food without digestive enzymes and HCL means your last twenty years will surely suck.
If a food product is advertised nationally, the Longevity Zen of Health most likely does not recommend it.
Insane prices pay for executive expenses and perks, salaries, luxuries and much price-elevating advertising.
We prove to be wiser & healthier when we make more use of our internal resources, such as breathing properly.
This one master secret of health alone has proven to impact dozens and dozens of our significant health challenges.
You only THINK you know how to breathe. The Longevity Zen of Health proves not. When did you last breathe deeply?
How many times have you exhaled all the way out, then, while thinking your lungs are empty, exhale even more air?
How fully you empty your lungs has an even larger influence on cleaning out toxins than how deeply you breathe in!
It is all true! When you think your lungs are empty, you usually retain another couple of quarts of dirty air inside.
So, the Longevity Zen of Health urges you to exhale deeply, then exhale more, before slowing breathing in.
Proper breathing does not replace good nutrition; it complements nutrition, reducing nutritional wants.
Doing this five or ten times per day will provide identifiable assistance to dozens of bodily functions,
not least of which are clearer, better thinking, more imagination, better lungs, immune system, etc.
From proper breathing techniques to BDORT and Quantum Reflex Analysis, your life is worth saving.
From the Longevity Zen of Health to countless other great resources, learn more in order to live more.